Wrath James White founded the Splatterpunk Award and Brian Keene announced who the winners were. 2022 Splatterpunk Awards During Killercon, August 13.
They founded the Splatterpunk Awards to recognize exceptional achievement in the literary subgenres Splatterpunk/Extreme Horror fiction. The awards are for novel, novellas, collections and anthologies. The J. F. Gonzalez Lifetime Achievement Award is also created to honor individuals, such as Gonzalez, who have made a significant contribution to the Splatterpunk/Extreme Horror world.
- The Night Stockers Kristopher Triana (The Evil Cookie Publishing), Ryan Harding
- Things have gotten worse since we last spoke Eric LaRocca, Weirdpunk Books
BEST SHORT STORY
- “Next Best Baker” by Jeff Strand (from Baker’s Dozen, Uncomfortably Dark)
- Beyond Reform Jon Athan and Aron Beauregard. Jasper Bark (Aron Beauregard Horror).
- Body Shocks Edited by Ellen Datlow (Tachyon Publications).
- Baker’s Dozen Edited by Candace Nola (Uncomfortably dark)
J. F. GONZALEZ LIFETIME AWARD FOR ACHIEVEMENT
The J. F. Gonzalez Award past winners were: David J. Schow (David G. Barnett), Edward Lee, John Skipp, and John Skipp
SPLATTERPUNK HALL OF LEGENDS INUCTEES
- Richard Laymon
- Jack Ketchum
- J. F. Gonzalez
- Charlee Jacob
- John Pelan
- David G. Barnett
This is the inaugural class. White and Keene have created the Splatterpunk Hall of Legends, a physical memorial that will be displayed at every KillerCon event, “featuring artifacts and ephemera related to the honorees, as well as a chronicle of their individual achievements, and an eternal flame burning for each. It is to serve as a place where genre fans both young and old can pay their respects and learn more about the creators who have shaped the field.”